Technical Managers or Data Architects are professionals who lead and manage a team that ensure complete, timely, and cost-effective delivery of data related solutions and services to the company’s principals and customers.
Technical Managers plan and design appropriate technology solutions and services satisfactorily address the data related needs of the customers. They push the envelope by deploying new and innovative means of getting the most out of our resources, processes, and technology. They work with a strong team of different skills from Administrators,, ETL Developers and Data Analyst.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Orchestrates and manages team of data engineers to design and maintain technology solutions for customers based on their specifications and requirements
- Analyzes and documents processes and problems encountered during operations; Recommends and develops solutions to enhance efficiency.
- Design and Implement a Data Strategy
- Directs staff in issue handling, problem analyses, and reports preparations
- Supervises staff in accordance to company policies and procedures
- Represents department in coordinating with the Human Resources Department, supervisors, and managers, including upper management
- Provides regular progress reports on team activities and projects
- Plans and develops systems and procedures to improve the quality and efficiency of services and the department as a whole; Serves as the technical architect for projects and systems to be delivered.
- Manages the operational and fiscal activities of the team to include staffing levels, and budget goals
- Supervises scheduling of staff on work assignments, employee training, leaves and breaks, overtime, and backup for absent employees
- Conducts interviews, hires new staff, and provides employee orientation
- Conducts employee performance reviews and manages career development of all team members
- Coaches staff in resolving complex operation problems/issues
- Performs other duties as assigned by management from time to time
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, or equivalent experience preferred
- Two (2) to three (3) years of supervisory or management experience
- Two (2) to three (3) years of data architect experience (designing data solutions on premise or cloud)
- At least five years in data development, platform implementation or consulting
- Technical/ Functional Skills. Refers to the skills directly required for the competent performance of the job.
- Database Systems (Oracle, MS SQL, etc.)
- Scripting – Linux scripting and/or Python
- Expertise on one of the following but willing to be involved on other areas
- ETL Development and Data Modeling
- Data Platform Implementation
- Data Strategy and Governance
- Data Analytics
- Experience on Big Data and/or Streaming systems (preferred)
- Experience on data-related service on AWS and GCP (preferred)
- Core Knowledge in industry on Telco, Banking and Energy (optional)
- Non-Technical/ Non-Functional Skills. Refers to the skills that may support the completion of duties and responsibilities.
- Comprehensive solution-thinking
- Curious in new technologies
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization well
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills
- Basic Project Management
- Ability to plan development to meet defined objectives and performance targets
- Ability to delegate and empower employees to meet performance targets