Senior Software Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities
- Designs, develops, and maintains application solutions and software for customers based on specifications and requirements
- Integrates, tests, and debugs application solutions and software when deployed in development, test and production environments
- Ensures complete delivery of all customer requirements and documentation
- Tests and experiments with new tools and technologies that will help in designing and developing software for current and future requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned by management from time to time
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, or equivalent experience preferred
- Two years related work experience
- Programming/Technical/Functional Skills. Necessary for writing programs efficiently; must be able to deliver well-written and readable code; must have the ability to ensure optimal application performance against documented requirements; must be able to actively determine specifications and standards for application compliance.
- Unix/Linux Operating Systems and/or MS Windows Operating System
- Programming Language Experience in Java
- Relational Database Management Systems – Oracle/MySQL/MS-SQL/PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of UML design tool
- Optional Enterprise Mobility Software Development Skills (Android, JavaME)
- Optional Enterprise Web Software Development Skills (JavaEE)
- Optional Data and IP Networking (TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, SS7)
- Optional Unix/Linux Shell Scripting
Non-Technical/ Non-Functional Skills. Refers to the skills that may support the completion of duties and responsibilities.
- Problem-Solving and Analytical Skills.
- Must be able to identify potential issues and problems
- Must be able to analyze and logically breakdown these issues and problems;
- Must then be able to create hypotheses that is useful when troubleshooting and testing;
- Must finally be able to devise efficient solutions and approaches.
- Product Knowledge Mastery.
- Must be able to facilitate and build end-user/client confidence in produced software and application solutions.
- Job location: 9F-C Apple One Equicom Tower Mindanao Avenue cor. Biliran Road, Cebu Business Park, Cebu City, Philippines 6000