Technology professional who is able to assume the role of a scrum master for multiple teams. Scrum master will administer the use of scrum on multiple teams and make sure that teams understand what scrum is. He/she will also be presenting scrum and its advantages and disadvantages to different teams and stakeholders. He/she should be capable of handling different kinds of people and interact with them to make sure that scrum is fully understood and implemented.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible on administering scrum with multiple teams with various sizes (small, medium, large) teams.
- Able to handle impediments and be able to decide efficiently on mitigating or removing them.
- Arrange and facilitate different scrum meetings, schedule meetings accordingly, managing the team and the product owner.
- Help product owner understand and implement backlog grooming which makes it ready for the next
- Make sure that scrum is fully understood and that team members are following it.
- Provide process improvements that might be applicable for different team compositions and culture.
- Present scrum and its advantages and disadvantages on multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, or equivalent experience preferred
- Certified scrum master
- Two to three years of experience in scrum for software development
- Strong knowledge of scrum theory, rules and practices
- Basic knowledge of software development process and procedures to understand people migrating to agile.
- Knowledgeable on scrum tools like JIRA/Confluence
- Non-Technical/ Non-Functional Skills. Refers to the skills that may support the completion of duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management well § Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Organizational ability
- Behavior/ Attitudes. Refers to the values, behavior, and attitudes expected to manifest during the course of work in terms of work complexity, interpersonal relationships, and work pressure.
- Service orientation
- Sense of urgency
- Thinking out of the box § Disciplined
- Drive for excellence