The Cloud Engineer L2 will be responsible for core cloud compute services that provide virtual machines, bare metal and storage to the business. He/She will also manage critical shared infrastructure like databases and message queues that are used by cloud infrastructure services.
- Design and implement infrastructure, processes, and automation for global complex
- Gather requirements, provide design, and implement solutions that align with the defined
- Document designs, processes, projects, tools, standards and techniques
- Document processes, installation procedures, and issue / resolution procedures
- Administer and maintain cloud platform
- Troubleshoot cloud platform related issues
- Data lifecycle management process by leveraging cloud backup and archiving technologies
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on trends and make recommendations understanding long term fiscal impacts
- Research technology to broaden knowledge of current and future issues and technologies.
- Train and develop junior team members in technical areas
- At least 3 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree , Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering
(Computer/Telecommunication) or equivalent
- Preferably Supervisor / 5 Yrs & Up Experienced Employees specializing in IT/Computer – Network/System/Database Admin or equivalent.
- Experience designing and managing small to medium disk storage systems.
- OpenStack background or hands on experience would be of great advantage
- Experience with computational clusters including workload management software and parallel libraries such as OpenMPI.
- The desire and ability to keep abreast of new technologies including
desktop, laptop, and server hardware; Linux and UNIX operating system
and application software; and High Performance Computing related
- Strong experience in Linux and UNIX OS | RedHat administration, maintenance and support including installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and using Linux/UNIX standard systems and software applications.
- Red Hat certification RHCSA or RHCE desired.