The Cloud Engineer L2 will be responsible for core cloud compute services that provide virtual machines, bare metal and storage to the business. He/She will also manage critical shared infrastructure like databases and message queues that are used by cloud infrastructure services.
• Design and implement infrastructure, processes, and automation for global complex environments
• Gather requirements, provide design, and implement solutions that align with the defined roadmap
• Document designs, processes, projects, tools, standards and techniques
• Document processes, installation procedures, and issue / resolution procedures
• Administer and maintain cloud platform
• Troubleshoot cloud platform related issues
• Data lifecycle management process by leveraging cloud backup and archiving technologies
• Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on trends and make recommendations understanding long term fiscal impacts
• Research technology to broaden knowledge of current and future issues and technologies.
• Train and develop junior team members in technical areas
• At least 3 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
• Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree , Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication) or equivalent
• Preferably Supervisor / 5 Yrs & Up Experienced Employees specializing in IT/Computer – Network/System/Database Admin or equivalent.
• Experience designing and managing small to medium disk storage systems.
• OpenStack background or hands on experience would be of great advantage
• Experience with computational clusters including workload management software and parallel libraries such as OpenMPI.
• The desire and ability to keep abreast of new technologies including desktop, laptop, and server hardware; Linux and UNIX operating system and application software; and High Performance Computing related technologies.
• Strong experience in Linux and UNIX OS | RedHat administration, maintenance and support including installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and using Linux/UNIX standard systems and software applications.
• Red Hat certification RHCSA or RHCE desired.